[oletrucks] ugly body seam

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] ugly body seam
From: Williams Grant Civ 412 AMXS Det 2/MXA2A
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:24:09 -0000
I plan using a light color for the finish paint for my 50 GMC. The belt line
where the cab top joins the rear lower panel leaves an obvious looking crack
which will show up when I use a light finish color. Also, the point where
the two were spot welded causes some real obvious dimples right inside the
crack and the dark gaping crack across the back looks kind of bad.  Has
anyone used a filler to fill the gap along?  If so, have you had problems
with the filler cracking?  It seems to me this could be a stress point.

Grant

45 Burb