[oletrucks] Need AD dual MC Solution

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Need AD dual MC Solution
From: "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:18:35 -0800
All:

I have the remainder of this week off.  I was going to re-plumb my brake
lines in my 54 and install a dual master cylinder in the stock location.
The only drum/drum non-power master cylinder I have found (for a 69
Impala/Biscayne) has a standard sized front brake connection.  The rear
brake connection is 11/32, which is a size my local FLAPS does not
stock.

So, I have 3 questions:

1.    Has anyone actually done the conversion to a dual master cylinder
so can tell me what I can use that will match up with as little
modification and down time as possible?  [Diagrams?  Photos?]

2.    What is the master cylinder used? [Either application or NAPA
parts #]

3.    What "glitches" can I expect?

I have thought about installing disks like
http://www.strato.net/~jrdorsey/truck.htm.  However, I have not gotten a
response on my request for a template for the bearing spacer or caliper
bracket and I don't have the time to pull the front brakes apart and let
them sit in order to measure for a bearing spacer (to put on tapered
roller bearings in place of the ball bearings) or fabricate a caliper
bracket.  If anyone has dimensions/templates for those (and a
recommended disk/drum MC), I would be interested.

Thanks
Robert