Re: [oletrucks] Timing on a 1950 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Timing on a 1950 235
From: "Kerwin M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:55:28 -0800
If you used the crankshaft dowels,the timing ball will in the correct
position. I use the positive stop method to determine TDC. On your type
engine make sure down away from spark plug hole, screw in a long reach spark
plug, or equivalent, then rotate engine by hand until piston hits plug and
stops, make mark on flywheel at pointer, rotate eng the opposite direction
until it stops, make mark at pointer, halfway between your marks should be
TDC. I usually make reference marks on the harmonic dampner and front cover
at the same time for convenience.

Lee