[oletrucks] clip on 54 chev

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] clip on 54 chev
From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:55:53 -0500
hi folks
the truck was bought 2 weeks ago ( came from california, now in canada this
will ruffle some feathers), the previous owner had hot rodded it (reason for
firewall cutting), sold without engine and hasn't run in a couple of years.
the front clip came from a wrecker for $100. we had a guy come by with a
mobile sandblaster last week and did the clip, a trailer, a sign post and
all the front bumper stuff on my 55TF (he was cheap) the clip was taken down
to the local car wash before blasting. i never ask my friend about the
engine setup but this is the 2nd one he's done in 2 years. the last one was
a 48 chev with a 350/turbo 350 s10 clip and the rearend was out of same
truck. as for wheel combo he went with different backspacing. the exhaust
manifold were those block hugging one. i'll have to get back to ya about
engine mount but doesn't pretty well everybody sell smallblock adapters kits
for s10's.

steve 55tf gmc

Thanks, Steve and Wayne,

The photos make this project look like a piece of cake. How many hours did
it
take to clean the blood, sweat, and tears off the suspension parts before
the
pics were taken? :{)   (With luck, that smear to the left will read as a
mustache above a grin--OK, it needs some bodywork--story of my life.)

Thanks & Regards,

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100

---