Re: [oletrucks] front disc brakes

To: Steve Hanberg <steve@OldSub.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] front disc brakes
From: zman <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:44:06 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Steve Hanberg wrote:
> My understanding is that anytime your master cylinder is lower than your
> wheel cylinders or calipers you need a residual valve to prevent brake fluid
> from draining back into the master cylinder.  If the fluid flows back your
> brakes can  be slow to respond when you hit the brakes.

Actually they also need to maintain a certian amount of pressure in the
line to make braking instantaneous. That is also why the disc and drum
residual pressure valves are different (10 lb vs 2 lb).

My opinion is don't skimp on your brakes. Do it the way it should be cut
no corners.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman@kungfumonkey.com