[oletrucks] Thread dimensions

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Thread dimensions
From: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:43:55 -0800
I'm trying to figure what the thread pitch is on my '55 1st 3100 1/2 ton
emergency brake clevis.  There is a clevis connected to the bell cranks on
both ends of the emergency brake cross shaft.  One is just outboard of the
frame just behind the cab and the other is on the passenger side.  I have both
clevis's, but the parts that connect it to the emergency cables (and the
cables themselves) that go to the brake drums are long gone.  It appears that
there is rust and dirt in the threads.  They are 5/16" but I tried both 24 and
16 pitch.  The 24 pitch seemed to work best, but only threaded in 4 or 5
threads, before it stopped.  Before I get the thread chaser out could someone
tell me the correct pitch, so i don't mess these clevis's up.

Thanks, in advance.