Re: [oletrucks] Welder needed.

To: mark treutelaar <phoneman@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welder needed.
From: zman <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:02:39 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, mark treutelaar wrote:
> I dont need the best but I want something that can do it all. From frame work
> to body work .

That's a tall order. In my experience if you want to do it all I recommend
no less than a 220v/50A welder. You need the grunt to get real penetration
on something as thick as a frame. I suggest visiting your local welding
supply house. They'll usually have pretty good deals around the holidays
and very helpful advice. Don't settle for a no name 110v welder. I don't
believe you'll be happy with the results, and definately stay away from
flux core welders...

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman@kungfumonkey.com