[oletrucks] 58 gas tank frame mount

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 gas tank frame mount
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 01:29:12 +0000
It appears there are a few of us 55-59 truck owners that need an alternate
tank location for our trucks. Let us look at the possibilities. Ill track
them if youll send them to me. I will use EFI so a tank mounted pump is to
my advantage, but I can also use a frame mounted pump. A frame mounted pump
for EFI will cost $100-$250. I plan to drive my truck a lot, this aint no
trailer queen, so size does matter.
Thus is my dilemma.

$495 for a 21 gal aluminum tank (with sender) from Brothers
http://www.brothersonlinestore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ATK0000&variation=&aitem=8&mitem=13

$299 for a 20 gal poly tank with sender from Tuckers
http://www.tuckersparts.com/55-59pg%2089.jpg

$229 for a 16 gal steel tank no sender from Kustom Tanks
http://www.kustomtanks.com/trucktanks.html

I saw a tank/pump combo in the $700 range but lost the link.
I have to hand it to Brothers as far as their online catalog. It is easy to
maneuver around, some of these websites are down right impossible.

Kurt Ohlgren
58 Apache project
59 3800 Panel 4sale
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm

>From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
>To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>Subject: [oletrucks] 58 gas tank frame mount
>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:31:37 +0000
>
>I was searching the web for a frame mounted gas tank for my 58 Apache and
>came across www.tuckersparts.com they have a 21 gal poly tank w/ sending
>unit for $299. that is by far the best price for a frame mount tank. has
>anyone used one of these tanks or used this vendor? it is the first time I
>have come across this vendor. or any suggestions of where to go for a frame
>mount tank?
>
>Kurt
>58 Apache project
>59 3800 panel 4sale

>Want to check if your PC is virus-infected?  Get a FREE computer virus scan
>online from McAfee.

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!