RE: [oletrucks] Starter Shims?

To: "Mask1966@aol.com" <Mask1966@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Starter Shims?
From: "Joseph Garcia" <joe_garcia@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:27:32 -0800
Mike,

Install the starter and then pull the starter pinion gear out so it meshes
with the flywheel.  Take a paper clip and see if it will fit between the
tip of the pinion tooth and the flywheel.  If the clearances are too tight
then you have to start installing shims.  Remember to have the battery
cable disconnected when doing this procedure.   Your looking for .020
clearance.

Also don't forget to install the rear starter to block support bracket.  If
you don't have one...........buy one!

Joe