[oletrucks] a few POR 15 questions

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] a few POR 15 questions
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:04:52 -0400
Would it be ok to use POR 15 on the inside of the backing plate where the
brake shoes are mounted?
Also if I use POR 15 on bolts (such as the bolts that hold the axel on to
the backing plate) would that ruin them or will they still go on and off
when needed?
One more thing...I am using a wire cup brush to clean the rear end and it is
doing a good job. POR 15 manufacturer says to use their metal prep if all
the rust is removed to the metal, has anyone used  another metal prep with
any success?
Thanks for all the help
Tom
55 2nd