[oletrucks] Mirrors needed for '53 Chevy 6400

To: ole trucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Mirrors needed for '53 Chevy 6400
From: Jon Dalton <novawagonmaster@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
I am in the home stretch now...looking for mirrors for
my '53 Chevy 6400. I have a Midwest grain dump body on
it (8 feet wide). For now, I am running without the
bed sides (so I can see over the bed to the rear with
the pickup mirrors), but I am in search of some
mirrors for this beast. Pickup mirrors look nice and
all, but they are not wide enough. Is there a
"mirror-on-a-stick" deal that will mount on the
factory cowl holes without the need to drill my
beautiful (freshly painted) doors? I would like to
avoid the "west coast" style mirrors if at all
possible. Thanks ahead for all replies!
Jonboy
'53 6400
'48 Thriftmaster