Re: [oletrucks] truck shows, museums, etc. from Tulsa to

To: ronandmaryanne@cox.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] truck shows, museums, etc. from Tulsa to
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:21:51 EDT
   Hi, Jerry in Virginia here. There's supposed to be a VERY nice
Transportation museum in Charlottesville, VA ( I-64 runs right thru
Charlottesville,
about 80 miles west of Richmond, VA ) with trains, planes, and automobiles.
There's also there, somewhere in Charlottesville, a triple-decker parking deck
converted into antique car storage or something, my old car club went there
about
6-7 years ago, they have all sorts of old cars and trucks in the old garage.
Not sure, I think it is open to the public for sale of cars, etc. I'd have to
try to find out about it, I didn't go on that trip, was sick or something. :(
Not sure what the name is. The Charlottesville Museum should be easy to find.
Wife found it on a website last night, planning our trip. :)
       Also, about 30 miles northeast of Charlottesville, there's an
incredible junkyard called Leon's, in Leon, VA. He has about 100 acres of OLD
cars and
trucks, going back to the '40's. Many TF and AD trucks. Place is HUGE, and
overgrown, too, though. That's on Rt. 29 out of Charlottesville.He's open M-F,
and half a day Saturday. Worth seeing if you like that sort of stuff. LOL.
       That's the closest things I can find for ya along I-64 without taking
you out of your way. Luray Caverns, another tourist sight near
Charlottesville,  has they OWN old car museum ( REAL old, teens and 20s,
probably "new" stuff
like '50s as well , though ). If you like underground caverns, these are
NEAT. Luray is about 30-60 miles north of Charlottesville off I-81 . Lots of
caverns up and down I-81.
       So, that's my 2 cents worth. Hope you have a fun trip!

Jerry in (northern) VA