RE: [oletrucks] HEI

To: "'Tom3600@webtv.net'" <Tom3600@webtv.net>, lloydt@Colorado.EDU
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] HEI
From: Williams Grant Civ Det 2 412TH AMXS/MXA2A
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:24:49 -0000
The HEI is great but the one I got from Tom is kinda tall. Despite the coil
being mounted away from the cap, the distributor cap stands nearly as tall
as the lower portion of the valve cover. It's also a little pricey at $180.
The good news is, it still has the original appearance.  Also, the coil can
easily be replaced on the road if you carry an extras under the seat.

I know Jegs and Summit carry a conversion for your stock distributor.  The
cost is $90 and all you need to add is the external HEI coil.

Grant