[oletrucks] Re:

To: mm@service-quality.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:32:34 EST
In a message dated 3/25/2003 2:30:31 PM Central Standard Time,
mm@service-quality.com writes:

> I'm keeping things either original or consistent with "period-enhancements"
> so would like some advice on the brake system and also a recommendation for
> where to buy a replacement master cylinder.

I converted my '48 Huck brakes to Bendix style (from a '54 like yours) a
couple of years back.  I used a Nova dual MC and a Pickups Northwest bracket
in the stock location.  I re-plumbed the truck with all new lines and hoses.
Wheel cylinders were rebuilt, and new shoes added to turned drums.  In other
words, everything was new or rebuilt.  The brakes work great.  They stop
straight and true, better than the brakes on my '65 daily driver.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
'78 C-10 parts truck