Re: [oletrucks] Need wiring advice

To: clca@houston.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need wiring advice
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:30:27 -0500
I too am working on my 7 wire turn signal and Joe gave me some advice the
other day but I'm not there yet.

My specific question is:

1). does the red wire from the signal unit to the brake switch get spliced
in to the wire currently on the brake switch which goes to the rear brake
lights. or, is the wire going back to the brake lights replaced by the red
wire (red wire from signal unit to brake switch)?

2) do the brown and green wires from the signal unit go directly to the
brake lights replacing the wires that currently go to the brake lights.  Or,
if the red wire gets spliced into the existing brake light wire at the
switch, do the brown and green wires from the signal unit get spliced into
the current brake light wires ( brown to one side and green to the other)
going into each brake light?

The instructions just say "cut and tape". Not sure what that means.

Thanks

>From: "Charles Culver" <clca@houston.rr.com>
>To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Need wiring advice
>Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:40:21 -0600
>
>Got a question on the '50 model.  I'm re-wiring things from front to back,
>and have gotten lost somewhere in the routing of the brake light wire
>through the turn signals.  The turn signals have seven wires, brown,
>orange,
>yellow, green, black, blue and red.  I know that there is a way to wire the
>brake lights and the blinkers so that they work together on the bright side
>of the bulb.  Just can't remember how I did it.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Smokey Culver

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.