Re: [oletrucks] tail light question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tail light question
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:10:24 -0600
You aren't mixing 6V and 12V bulbs are you?

First, the lights should be connected in parallel, not in series.
I am assuming they are.

Second, there should be the same voltage to each bulb.  If not, you
have a problem with the supply wiring.

Third, they need a good ground directly to the frame.  The box side
and the grille may or may not be a good ground.

Start by taking a voltage reading at the light when it is doing these
things.  You should have battery voltage when they are on.

Second, double check your wiring.  If you have dual filament bulbs,
the dimmer one should be the tail lights.

Third, get some jumper cables from Radio Shack (aligator clip on
each end) and ground the lamp housing directly to the frame and see
if things don't improve.

One of these should make the lights work.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN