Re: [oletrucks] power steering for the 41?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] power steering for the 41?
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:24:45 -0600
I'm going to go way out on a limb here, but I believe that the front
ends were pretty much the same from 41 through 59 (solid axle, leaf
springs, single tie rod.)  Power steering was an option from 55-2
through 59 on these front ends.  The power steering mechanism was
a different gearbox and a hydraulic cylinder that pushed on the tie
rod.  I believe Classic Performance pretty much duplicates this mechanism
for the TF trucks.  Here is where I am really taking a flier.  It
may be possible that these kits would work on an earlier solid axle
truck.

Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck cobbling something together
from a newer steering box.

Bruce K.
57 3200

At Tuesday, 3 December 2002, you wrote:

>Guys Do any of you know if anyone offers a power steering unit that
will work
>with the stock steering arms with the straight axle in the 41?
I know someone