[oletrucks] Brake return spring

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake return spring
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:36:08 -0800
The brake pedal on my '55 1st doesn't consistently return all the way to the
top.  I've lubricated the mechanism, and it should work, but just doesn't seem
to make it about half the time.

The return springs (yes, there are two) do not look like the pictures in the
assembly manual.  I'm about to head to the hardware store to see what I can
find, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what I should be looking for?

I've just completed converting to a dual master cylinder, and wonder if it
might be part of the problem, but nothing is rubbing on anything, and the
adjustments fit the specs.

Steve@OldSub.com
1954 Chevrolet 3100
1955 1st GMC Suburban