[oletrucks] suspension swap

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] suspension swap
From: Keith Weyrick <chevy55halfton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:58:15 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,
I'm new to the list and working on a 55 2nd series 1/2
ton. Need help with suspension swap I'm planning for
early next year. This issue of Classic Truck Trends
has a article on subframe swap for `47-`59 Chevys. It
fits right into existing frame without widening and
uses either `78-`88 B-body (Impala/Caprice) or G-body
(Malibu/Monte Carlo/  Grand Prix) donor parts. Does
anyone know if rear from B-bodys will fit and if any B
or G-bodys came with rear discs?  I'd like to use as
much from donor car as possible.  Engine, trans,
steering column, seats, etc.  Any help or advice would
be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith