Re: [oletrucks] 270 gmc engine ident..

To: <JMungon@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 270 gmc engine ident..
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:51:47 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
I have an old 270 engine. It's from a big truck, made into a stationary
engine. What's an "H" head? Never heard that one before. Where do I look for
the #'s or whatever to tell?   Mine is missing the manifolds, but has the
carb and some other things with it. It fell apart former owner said and he
threw it all out! Sheesh! It was stuck slightly, he freed it up. Head is
loose on it now, I've never opened it up. I would sell it if anyone
interested. It has the really big oil filter on it, no bellhousing, as they
mounted the stand to back and starter on the plate from stand. Don't know
the year, I could check the numbers for ID.
  I'm in NE Indiana, willl not mess with shipping, must pick-up. Make an
offer, will be easy!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750