[oletrucks] Clutch Adjustments

To: "Old-Chevy-Truck - Orginal \(E-mail\)"
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch Adjustments
From: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:17:21 -0400
Well for the past 6 months my truck (45 half ton) was grinded going into
1st, 2nd and reverse.  So I decided to take some of the play out of the
clutch.  I found the two nuts on the eye bolt.  Then I tightened them down
(moving toward the cab) until the play was gone, I removed about 1 inch from
the pedal movement.  Now I can go to all of the gears without a grind.
However I now seem to have at all speeds a low humming that seems to be
coming from the transmission.  Did I over tighten this adjustment?  Since I
have no idea what I am doing - it is all guess work I need you input.  It
could have always been there and I was not listening for it, but I think
this is a new sound.  Can it be caused by my adjustment.

It is cold enough to snow - maybe we could get it tonight........
Better check that antifreeze - do not want to blow a freeze plug like last
fall!

Thanks,
NHJim