Re: [oletrucks] Ignition wiring problem

To: "Jon" <jonkunkel@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ignition wiring problem
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:21:04 -0400
Jon,
    Not positively sure on this but --- one terminal should have a constant
battery source from the fuse block or indirectly from the battery
(12v)--probably from the ammeter in the dash...  one should have the
starter circuit-this should go to the ballast resistor or if ya don't have
one--to the solenoid of the starter--if checking with meter from the 12v
terminal, this should be the one that has continuity when the key is turn
fully clockwise to "start" the engine. The remaining terminal (usually has
multiple connections) feeds all other electronics of the truck. May be a
direct feed to the fusebox.. Before hooking it up this way, might be best
to wait for confirmation... As this seems logical to me...
    The cut part of the key, when inserted, is facing toward the floorboard
in my truck.    ---wayne

At 03:32 PM 10/15/02 -0500, Jon wrote:
>Need help with the ignition switch.  I put the old one in today along with the
>new (Original style) wiring harness, but I am unsure of which wires go to the
>3 terminals.  Any help out there?  Not sure if I have the switch in upside
>down either, do the cut area of the key face the floor or the roof?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jon

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup