[oletrucks] Casting Number

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Casting Number
From: sz6vgh2@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 19:46:35 -0400
Well, I just found out that the engine in my truck is a 235 instead of the
216.  The block number is 3701887.  Anyone have any suggestions on the 235?
What is the horsepower on the 235?  It came from a 1954 Chevy.

I am now debating whether or not to swap it out with a V8.  If I don't swap
it out I do not have to replace the rear end and tranny.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Phil Maurey
1941 Chevy 1/2 Ton