[oletrucks] Bushings

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bushings
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:58:40 -0600
This was another eventful weekend. We got the new poly bushings pushed
into my powder coated suspension (Camaro subframe). It was quite a task
though and there were casualties (a few bruised toes and fingers), heh.

A friend had a hydraulic press, we were able to push the lower ball
joints in with it. They make a heck of a noise going in, and we did have
a few scratches on the piece but I was expecting those. For the
bushings, we were going to use the press but the pieces just wouldn't
fit into it right. So we used some blocks and a big hammer. We were able
to get them in without too much damage to the piece, but some of them
were stubborn. In the end we found putting a little WD-40 on the bushing
helped it in. Now we just have to put the front end back together.

Bill