RE: [oletrucks] New Weatherstrip - Now Doors Won't close!!!

To: "'Dave'" <dave@juniorbaseball.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New Weatherstrip - Now Doors Won't close!!!
From: "Mark Coopet" <markc@greatlakeseng.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:55:56 -0600
Dave -

I am new to the group and the hobby, so I do not know if this will help.
But am working on the install of my doors and this might offer insight.
I have a '52 GMC and the weather-strip, though I do not know if they are
all the same type or if what I have is OEM, but it is a square 'Pac-man'
sponge type material. Where it has three sides that are 'square' and the
side that contacts the actual cab has a V notch in it. Anyway - When I
did install it, I had to play with shims on the cab/door hinge bolts to
get it to close and align right because it bound up near the upper front
part of the door. It looked like the hinge not only pulls the door in,
but also a little forward too, but I played with it for about a day to
get it to work. I hope that helps.

'52 GMC 3100 1st

Mark Coopet
Design Drafting Engineer