[oletrucks] FYI--EFI Article

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] FYI--EFI Article
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: 29 Dec 2001 11:47:21 -0800
Balancing time invested vs dollars invested is always a major aspect of this
hobby and many of us choose to "roll our own" instead of buying simply because
we have more time than money (with the new twins that balance may have just
changed for me).

Anyway here's an extreme example:  The computer applications magazine Circuit
Cellar has an article in the January 2002 edition titled, "Building a
Fuel-injection ECU.  The focus is on low cost and flexible capability, but the
technical aptitude required to pull it off is fairly high.  I've been getting
this magazine since it spun off from its Byte column back in the computer stone
ages so I'm not sure where to buy it off the stand, but their url is:

www.circuitcellar.com

I know there's plenty of discussion between stock vs modified and I
particularly love the retro rod look (like Tom's recent post), but the EFI
issues of power and fuel economy at the same time will never go away.  Building
your own may make it easier to use the retro look and still have the EFI hidden
away...while not costing a fortune.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
59 GMC Suburban