[oletrucks] Re: Bodywork

To: oletrucks mail <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Bodywork
From: Karen Magill <dnkmagill@abi.tconline.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 08:50:43 -0600
Bob  I have welded in several panels on my 55 and the method that worked
the best for me was using a tool that crimps an indention all the way
around the hole so that your repair panel lays in flush. This way you
have something behind your panel while you weld. I have also used brass
behind the weld and that works well especially where you want a smooth
finish on the backside of your work like filling a hole in your
hood.Putting  a small strip behind the weld will work too but I  prefer
the crimping method. I used one from a body shop but Eastwood sells a
small one made on visegrips thats not too expensive. Hope this helps.
Deacon, 55 2nd