[oletrucks] Sad post here

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net (oletrucks)
Subject: [oletrucks] Sad post here
From: Miq Millman <miq@hevanet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:41:20 -0800 (PST)
Hello oletruckers,

I've been pretty silent on the list the past few months, mostly due to
dealing with life in general.  I've taken on a coupe of large project with
the ramp up of the Department of Defense, and these projects have me
traveling a lot more than in the past.

Travel to the extent that we have put our 5-acre ranch up on the market to
move to something that doesn't take every moment I'm home on the weekends
to maintain.  This also means that I won't have my 10,000 sq ft shop to
store my projects and other vehicles that are unnecessary for suburban
life.  (you can see where this is leading to I bet)

One of the vehicles I have to part with is my 1957 1/2 ton long bed.  I'd
like to find it a good home, but more hoe it goes to someone in the
oletrucks family.

I've done a lot of work to the truck, mechanically its very reliable,
cosmetically, while there's no rust, its certainly not a show winner (or
even a show entrant).  It really needs a paint job to not look like a farm
truck--but hey that's what it is.

The specifics:

*       Originally it was a farmer special, no chrome or fancy options
*       some aftermarket heater defogger the previous owner installed
*       235 ci with dual exhaust, head work, HEI, Clifford h2o intake,
webber 4 barrel carb--about 7500 miles since I rebuilt it.
*       2-ton radiator with shroud over 18" flex fan (see archives for how
fun that install was)
*       stock granny 4 speed
*       TCI independent front end installed with heavy duty springs
*       rear end is from a 1996 Camaro Z-28, has 3.23 ration, and disk brakes.
(yes 4 wheel disk brakes on this truck)
*       Centerline rims with 235/70/15 in front and 255/70/15 in back
(special rims to clear the rear calipers)
*       Bed is stainless steel covered in Rhyno-coat
*       Cab corners, rust free doors, and hinge pockets were done about
three years ago
*       Rear rollpan in lieu of bumper

Work on my TBD list:
*       fix the speedo-the old cable snapped off in the gauge, the new
cable spins out of the tranny, haven't missed the gauge since I don't drive
fast in the truck.
*       fix the come-and-go gremlin in the temp gauge
*       pull the seat (I upholstered it myself a could years ago) and
rubber floor mats and rhyno-coat the inner cab to be spray out-able and
offer some sound deadening.

I've got about $12,000 in receipts--all the labor has been mine so that's
free.

Truck is in greater Portland area, I'm entertaining best offers to pick up
the truck, or buyer pays/arranges for shipping.  I'm looking to get around
$9000, but with the economy these days who knows what it will be.

I spent a long time looking for this truck originally, and I really hate to
have to sell it.  I know I would have to search long and hard to find
another one in the future, but I have come to realize that it's going to be
at least five years before we get to the point where having a large
property is a possibility again.  Kids in soccer, boy scouts, swimming,
music, and karate don't mix with taking care of llamas.  Besides, anyone
who is a parent should understand this, kids become your hobby when they
get old enough.  Most of my other hobbies have certainly taken a back seat
at this point.

Inquiries and questions sent to me, not the list.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@bigllama.com