RE: [oletrucks] needing an exposed-shaft 12V starter

To: "'Gary L. Perry'" <glperry@fwi.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] needing an exposed-shaft 12V starter
From: "Schorn, Tim" <SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:06:34 -0500
OK, here is the full disclosure, but only because you asked!! :-)  I'm
wanting to replace the little gasoline pony motor on my CAT road grader with
a high-torque starter motor that I will machine a V-belt pulley for, and
press it on the exposed shaft end. I always try to go with GM parts when
available!!
     The "oletruck" connection is I'm grading a road up to my old barn so my
ole '50 dlx won't have to travel cross-country to get there!!

   Tim in Ft Worth   '50 Chev dlx