[oletrucks] Fw: Heat Control valve(Exhast)

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fw: Heat Control valve(Exhast)
From: "Ronald I. Givens" <givens@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:24:56 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Ronald I. Givens
To: old-chevy-truck
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 1:24 PM
Subject: Heat Control valve(Exhast)

Howdy,
Can someone help me...
1951 gmc 248 motor, with a 228 motor intake and exhaust manifold...
Exhaust heat control valve weight stays in down position...spring looks
good...shaft is worn for sure, sticks sometimes...Don't want to rebuild the
valve if I don't have too...
What does ht eheat control valve do?
Do I really need it?
Which way should the weight turn(if in upright position)towards the motor or
towards the fender?
What happens if I remove the heat control valve?
I don't know what else to ask..Tell me what I need to know!!!
thanks for any help
Ron Givens
Houston, Texas