Re: [oletrucks] TF Gas Neck Grommet Install

To: passnb4u@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF Gas Neck Grommet Install
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:58:37 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/01 10:44:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
passnb4u@earthlink.net writes:

> Subj:  RE: [oletrucks] TF Gas Neck Grommet Install
>  Date:    10/14/01 10:44:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>  From:    passnb4u@earthlink.net (Mike )
>  To:  oletrucks@autox.team.net, McGillis@aol.com
>
>  If you're speaking of the one that the large filler neck goes through, you
>  need to remove the filler neck, then install the grommet.  Apply Wd40 on
>  the grommet and slide the filler neck up from the inside., then back down
>  to attche to the other two pieces of tubing (vent and fill tube).
>
>  Mike

**************************************

Thanks, Mike, that is exactly the way I tried it first, with much
frustration.  Maybe the grommet I bought is not correct but it was so tight
(even with WD-40) it was just impossible to move the neck inside it after
installation in the body.  I hoped I was missing something and maybe dish
soap or shampoo or another slippery substance might be the real secret.

      Dennis McGillis
      1955 Cameo
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
     Orange County (CA) Region