[oletrucks] 55 Chevy PU Radiator Support

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 Chevy PU Radiator Support
From: "Douglas Ottersberg" <doug@ahaltd.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:57:04 -0600
I am working on a 1955 Chevy 3100 2nd Series. The front end has been
replaced with a Volare clip. I am installing a Griffin Radiator, and because
of the location of everything, the thickness of the radiator and the
resulting lack of space, I have decided I will need to remove the mechanical
fan and use an electric fan(s). Id like to place the fan inside the area
between the rear of the radiator and the grill, where I have the AC
Condensor and Trans Cooler now. To do this Ill need to remove or modify the
Cross Braces that go across the back of the radiator support. Does anyone
have any pearls of wisdom to offer regarding these cross braces? Can I
safely remove them? If I do, should I do anything to compensate? Thanks!

Doug Ottersberg
Santa Fe, NM