RE: [oletrucks] idea ....

To: "'Ben Bennett'" <greyhawk200@att.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] idea ....
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:33:03 -0400
Ben,
You're close.
I'm installing this front end in my 1st series right now. The jags front
uses 4 rubber mounts. The two at the front are much like spring eyes with a
thru bolt. The two at the rear are (look just like) 235 front motor mounts
just upside-down. I'm using all 4 stock mounts; adapting to the frame.
The front hangers bolt directly onto the side and the bottom of the frame,
they use the jag bolts and puller plates. The rear hangers bolt onto the
side of the frame. I'm after a hotrod truck so I'm lowering it as much as
possible without suspension modification. If you're after a modern
suspension without the drop, the tubes under the frame will work nicely. I
recommend you look at a method of bolting on the tubes; so if you want to go
lower you can easily or if you want to restore you can do that as well.  If
you provide me with some comparison data I could work up a design for the
TF.
I'm using 3/16" plate and 3X5 3/16 thick rectangle tubing to construct my
kit. Grade 8 cad plated bolts and a minimum of "new" holes in the frame or
it could be welded to the frame. The existing spring hangers and shock
mounts aren't in the way so I left them on the frame (for now).
The jag has a power steering pump mounted on the pass side of the motor and
two nicely routed hose assemblies so I'm making up a lower right side
mounting bracket for a SBC and for my Nailhead.

I'll send some pic's to Wayne so all can see.

Ps the wheel bolt pattern is 5x4 > .

Jon P