[oletrucks] 53-Fuel system problems

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 53-Fuel system problems
From: "John Eisenbacher" <eisenbacher_john@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:49:23 +0000
I have a 53 5 window 1/2ton, with a striaght six 235.  I installed a carb
repair kit.  The old fuel pump was full of coffee grind looking junk.  The
fuel filter would get the junk stuck in it as well.  I drained the tank to
see about the gas there wasn't any of the junk in the gas.  It will start up
and run fine until i try to go anywhere.  It will go about a mile and then
will die.  i think it is from the filter getting clogged but now it will not
start at all after I cleaned the filter.  Please help
John
Puyallup,WA
1953 5-window 1/2ton