[oletrucks] Dash Stainless for my '53 Chevy 1/2 ton.

To: "Ole Trucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Dash Stainless for my '53 Chevy 1/2 ton.
From: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:40:13 -0400
To all,

Can someone give me the definitive answer to the following questions on the 47
- 54 Chevrolet 1/2 ton pickups?

1)   I understand that some years the radio/glove box door trim had two narrow
strips of ss at the top and bottom.  However, is there any year that the entire
radio/ashtray trim was stainless?  Did GM produce a radio/ashtray/glove box
door trim that was all stainless steel?  If so, what year.

2) Could the Hydramatic steering column and shift lever from a GMC be used in a
53 Chevrolet 1/2 ton?  Further, can this setup be made to work with a modern
aod transmission?  If so, what year GMC do I need to look for?   Has anyone
done this modification?

Thanks!

Jim Wilkerson