Re: [oletrucks] trailer hitch wiring

To: "tim" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, "Ole Truckers"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] trailer hitch wiring
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:17:38 -0700
Tim,

I'm not sure if I'm answering you trailer connection wiring question
correctly but I'll take a chance that your wanting to know what the four
wires are going to?

1)  Left stop and signal
2) Right stop and signal
3) Parking (split for both sides).
4. Ground wire......

The ground wire should be attached to your frame and into the connector.
from the connector it will connect to the trailer frame so the lights work
correctly and don't have to hunt for a ground through you trailer ball.
This is the reason why some trailer lights flicker going down the
road...."trailer moving on hitch ball and messing up the ground signal".

Joe
The Resto Rod Shop
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/