[oletrucks] Horn Wire

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Horn Wire
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
Thought I was doing great with the truck rewire (Chevy
Duty harness makes it a cakewalk) until I came upon
the horn wire in the steering column.  The insulation
on the existing wire is gone at the point the wire
enters the steering column. I assume if I leave it
like that it will ground itself to the truck and I
will have a horn blowing uncontrollably whenever I
come up behind a large group of Hell's Angels.

Do I need special tools to get inside the steering
column to replace the wire?  Looks like that would be
the case from the shop manual -- but I know someone
has a trick for this.

Thanks in advance -- Barry
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/