[oletrucks] installing glass

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] installing glass
From: "Kevin Morisette" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:15:07 -0700
After hearing not to leave any extra rubber because it will shrink, i
started by jamming as much rubber as possible as I went along placing the
rubber in my '53 corner windows.  I then was able to get the glass in
without too much problem, but I had gotten the rubber in there so tight that
I couldn't spread the opening at all by hand.  I could barely get it to move
by prying with a screwdriver.  It took me several hours to get about 2
inches of the lock bead, and I found myself jabbing the rubber where it
shows :(  I decided later to take it out, and the inside of the rubber in
the groove for the lock bead looked horrible.  I think I should cut the
rubber off some more, to make it looser so that the lock groove will open
more.  What if I just place it in the cab normally, then where the ends meet
I'll squish it in just a tad?  What do you use so you don't wreck the
outside of the rubber?  The tool I got from Chevy Duty leaves marks each
time I dig it in.