Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank removal

To: Wayne Craig <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank removal
From: antonio <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:19:58 -0700
I had the same problem and even worse the nut was rust
frozen, the way I removed them was by hammering the
ping the holds the small strap, it is a litle
difficult, but it can be done with a hammer and a long
center punch tool. These pins have no retainer, they
are just pressed fit.

Antonio,
Quoting Wayne Craig <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>:

>    I  just found out that the gas tank on my 53 Chevy
1/2 PU is full of
> crud. I decided to remove it but have run into a
snag.   The nut that holds
> the gas tank strap on seems impossible to remove. It
takes a 1/2 " deep
> socket, but there is no room to get to socket and
socket wrench in place.
> Also there is no room for a open end wrench due to
the "ears" around the
> nut.
>    Am I missing something here?  Has anyone had a
similar problem removing
> thier gas tank?
>
> Thanks for any input,
> Wayne C.
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
between 1941 and 1959