Re: [oletrucks] New 55 Cameo

To: "Ernie Ganas" <Ernie_Ganas@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New 55 Cameo
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:20:34 -0700
I installed the mono leaf springs in the front of a 1948 GMC 1/2 ton I built
for my Dad.  I purchased the springs from Posies in Hummelstown Pa. in 1996
for about $350.00 and they arrived that week with new shackles, u-bolts and
nuts as I recall.   I had went through two or three shocks to get away from
the bouncy ride.   I think all it really needed was a front swaybar but my
Dad turned around and gave it to my  nephew so I didn't get the chance to
install it to find out.

In the rear I installed a 12 bolt posi so I just added Teflon strips to the
spring pack and lowering blocks to get a level stance.

Joe