Re: [oletrucks] need answeres, wiper motor and dash light.

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] need answeres, wiper motor and dash light.
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:09:51 -0700
Brian--

That sounds like an added-on light.  It would come in handy...in fact I
added a couple plastic Chevy underdash lights from a 70s car to one of
my 59s, makes it easier to see to get in and out.  I also added door
jamb switches so the lights come on when I open the doors.  All the
modern conveniences!

The wiper motor should NOT be degreased with running water...you can
wipe it with a wet cloth, but dousing it is not a good idea, unless you
take it apart (which can be scary) and completely remove the water.

The dash on TF trucks is securely spot welded in, with a whole bunch of
welds, so it's a pain to remove and requires cutting/drilling.  Not a
quick and easy job!

Jim F
59s in AZ