Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton running boards, batteries, and

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton running boards, batteries, and
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 23:59:02 -0400
>Is there any reason why not to put the battery in the are behind the seat
where the gas tank was in my AD?<

Andy, I wouldn't put the battery in the cab for safety reasons.  If you are
in an accident (heaven forbid), you wouldn't want the acid to get on you.
The battery also puts off a very explosive gas when charging and shouldn't
be in a confined space, like your cab.  One more thing, the vapors are very
corrosive and will cause lost of damage to bare metal.

Be safe, don't do it!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland