[oletrucks] Hood emblems?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Hood emblems?
From: "Stephanie" <stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:11:48 -0700
I have two hoods for AD trucks, one of them had the hood with emblem on the
front that had the small chevy bowtie (I think the '54 emblem?) and the
metal strip down the middle only went to the emblem (not continuing below).
This hood had 3100 in a larger lettering on both sides.

Another hood I have the metal strip continues after the emblem to the
bottom.  The emblem was the older one which is narrower and says chevrolet
across it.  This one I'm thinking is the correct one for my '53 3100.  But
then I was looking on the side of it and it has holes (and a shadow where
the emblems used to be) saying chevrolet on the top, and then below it 3100
smaller.

So what I'm wondering is, the emblem on the front should be rectangular with
CHEVROLET across it, and then on the sides the large 3100 only or chevrolet
w/ smaller 3100?