RE: [oletrucks] 216 and Polarity Reversing Switch

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 216 and Polarity Reversing Switch
From: "haist" <haist2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:52:09 -0800
The POLARITY REVERSING SWITCH is a device intended to extend the life of the
points by changing the direction of the current through the points every
time the engine runs.  How effective it was is questionable since it was
dropped from production in 1947.  Few people even know what they are but
I've had a few old timers spot mine at shows and it's a great conversation
piece.

Your distributor has 2 insulated terminals to the points (1 to the arm, 1 to
the plate).  The wire from the coil goes to the PR switch and a wire goes
from there to each of terminals.  The points themselves are the same weather
you have a prs or not.  Without the switch, the wire goes straight to the
dist point plate terminal.

Hope this helps.

<><
Whitney Haist