[oletrucks] Emblem paint

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Emblem paint
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:48:46 -0700
On the discussion of what to use to pain the
Hydramatic emblem...if the truck is gonna be outside
much, I'd suggest using automotive paint, not hobby
paint, so it will hold up to the effects of sun and
weather.  You could probably get a pint or quart
mixed at the local auto paint store, or see if they
have any nice reds that were mixed wrong that
they'll sell cheap.  I think you could probably
brush it on, if you're careful, and if the painted
area is mostly flat, it should not run.  Don't thin
it much, though.  And be prepared to take all the
paint off with lacquer thinner and start over if you
goof up   :)

Jim F
59s in AZ