[oletrucks] Steering (power on TF 4x4)

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering (power on TF 4x4)
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:21:33 -0700
I've worked on some 70s vintage Ford 3/4 ton 4x4s, but it's been
a long time...they used the separate valve/ram setup similar to
the original TF factory 2wd power steering (the Chevy parts are
really hard to find).  I think this would probably be eaiser to
adapt than the mid 60s Chevy 2wd truck power steering, which
uses a center link.

I think I've seen 70s-80s vintage Chevy truck power steering
gears used in TF 4x4 conversions, by welding a bracket to the
frame to mount it.  This is what I would do if I were building a
truck like that.

Jim Forbes
59s in AZ