[oletrucks] Dual carbs/vacuum advance q

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Dual carbs/vacuum advance q
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:03:48 -0700
Not quite the same as a stovebolt withdual jugs...but on my
blown 454 in my 55 Belair, two Holley 650cfm 4bbl carbs, I run a
progressive linkage, with the rear carb opening about halfway
before the front one starts to open.  I have the vacuum advance
connected to the rear carb, ported vacuum.

I'd suggest running progressive linkage on the old 6 as well, as
long as there is some type of plenum in the manifold.  This will
give you the improved driveablility at low throttle openings,
and you can have the "secondary" carb open during the last half
of gas pedal travel...so it'll feel like somethings happening
when you put your foot down the rest of the way.

Opinions may vary...I've never messed with a multi carb 6 cyl,
so there may be something I don't know about them.

Jim F
59s inAZ