Re: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:31:35 -0600
>Will a 216 idle smooth.

One time I had the truck tuned so smoooooooooooooooooooth that Stephanie's
Dad didn't realize it was RUNNING until he leaned against it and felt the
tiny vibrations!!

Sadly, my old Rochesters seem to be in one of two tune modes: great idle
ROTTEN running, or great running, ROTTEN idle. I have tried 4 of them now,
with similar results; I know one problem is an inoperable flapper valve in
the exhaust manifold... but I suspect the rest is cruddy modern gas - I
honestly don't think these carbs will flow right to get an optimum mixture
with today's gas at idle. I have a similar problem with my old VW
carbs.........

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe