Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer

To: OlHic@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer
From: Ben Bennett <greyhawk200@att.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 09:23:16 -0800
Ok, ready on the delete, here's another one... It's one thing to
"do it right" when you've got your truck sitting in a nice warm
garage and you've got the money, time and resources to replace
parts. Another thing when you're actually using the truck. Say
you're out in the woods hauling a load of wood up to the house to
keep the family warm and the truck breaks down. Or say you're out
in the field trying to get a crop in before the rain hits. I doubt
if you'd be too worried about, "doing it right  "under these
conditions. Or say you're trying to stretch a few more jobs out
the old truck before the new one comes in. So it ends up out
behind the barn with a little bailing wire on it, or maybe part of
someone's belt wrapped around the crank to serve as a rod bearing
or a piston and rod completely missing or the home made fuel
injection or... I love these stories. I like to look at the
restored trucks but I would like to see one completely cobbled up
like the originals some time.
--
Ben Bennett
He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead