Re: [oletrucks] saginaw 4 speed transmission

To: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] saginaw 4 speed transmission
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:50:04 -0500
Funny thing about pricing of Saginaw transmissions, they seem to have hit
bottom and are now on the upswing again. $125 to $150 around here. Might be
due to so many being crushed along with the Vegas they came in. It might
take some searching to find a good one in some parts of the country. Rural
junkyards with low turnover are the best bet. In addition to the Vega,
Monza, and B-O-P variants, they also were found in 6 cyl Camaros and
Chevelles.  They were overbuilt for their applications, a good strong
transmission for most anything but a muscle car.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL